1. Change Colors
Navigate to appearance > customizer and adjust your colors to your liking or add a branding hex color code.
While the customizer has an explanation of each color option, I will also write it here:
- Background Color – This is the color of your entire background. In our demo it is white.
- Text Color – This is the actual color of the body text across your site, like paragraph text.
- Links Color – This controls the color of the text links, so if you link within a paragraph it will show as a link by this color being different from your body text.
- Title Color – This color is for all Titles. Widget titles, post & page titles etc.
- Accent Color – The accent color is the teal you see in our demo. This is the text based site title, button colors and other artistic elements like the quotation image in the testimonial rotator.
- Navigation Color – This controls the main color in the header navigation.
- Primary Color – The primary color controls the Above Header Widget area background color, the footer background and the hover color of the buttons.
- Line Color – The line color will change all the lines you see on the homepage, sidebar etc.
- Footer & Above Header Text – This color controls the text color in the footer and above header widget area, so if you use a light primary color you can change this to a dark text and it will show up nicely.
- Footer Credit Link Hover Color – This allows you to specifically control the link color in the footer separately from the main link color due to your control over the primary color.
2. Change text logo to a custom logo
The custom logo you have prepared to upload should be created to the dimensions of 700 x 270 px. The actual size it will display at on the website is 350 x 135 px. This is to allow a crisp image to display on all screen resolutions including the retina screens.
Navigate to appearance > customize > header image
3. Set up your navigation menus
In the Elegance theme the navigation is in the header. So the Primary navigation is to the left of the logo/header and the Secondary navigation is to the right of the logo/header.
This navigation set up works best with 3-4 items in the Primary menu location and no more than 3 in the Secondary menu location.
Navigate to appearance > menus and create a new menu
Add pages, posts, categories, or custom links you your new menu. You can reorder the items and nest them beneath one another to get your menu just as you desire.
Below the menu select the location you would like it displayed and then save your menu.
4. Add your own custom credits to the site footer area.
We are so excited about the addition of this feature to our Elegance theme that is an easy way for you to add your own custom credits to your website.
Simply navigate to customize > site identity and add your own custom text.
You might like to add something like this:
Copyright © 2016 Your Business Name<br /><br />Website by <a href=”your unique link”>Your Custom Label for Your Link</a>