Some things in life are worth the expense. A word to the wise- never buy cheap sushi, or skimp on your logo. Your business is your passion, your brainchild! It is an investment that you have put a lot into. To brand your business with an unprofessional or poorly designed logo would be WRONG, like putting a bumper sticker on a Ferrari! It simply deserves better treatment.
Today I would like to share with you the top 8 Reasons to Invest In a Professional Logo Design.
- Your logo is your first impression. It is in the header of your website. It appears on business cards, products and usually, on a t-shirt or two as well. This symbol represents your business and your products. If it is anything BUT stellar, it will leave prospective customers feeling a bit leery of choosing you. If your customer thinks your logo looks tacky, they might wonder if your products are too.
- Logos help to shape your brand. Your brand plays a large part in appealing to your specific customer demographic. You want your logo to look professional. Your target audience should always be taken into consideration during the design process. Your customers are one of the most valuable resources for shaping your business!
- You want to be taken seriously as an authority in your field. Unfortunately, most people do “judge the book by its cover” and similarly, a business by its design. Having a clean and professional logo and consistent branding is one way to set yourself apart from the amateurs! You want your logo to be memorable! Think about Apple. Think about McDonald’s. A clean, strong and professional design is easy to remember. In fact, sometimes it is unforgettable! This is priceless for your business. When your logo is strong and unforgettable, it promotes your business even when you aren’t.
- When your logo isn’t done by a trustworthy professional, you risk design integrity and, being sued! A true-blue, original, one-of-a-kind logo should cost much more than a few hundred dollars. Your logo designer should be spending 15-30 hours researching, experimenting and designing. All of the ideas and concepts should be original. A cheap logo sometimes means a lazy logo. If your designer ‘borrows’ an idea from someone else’s work and matches it too closely, you run the risk of trademark infringement. This can result in a hefty lawsuit. Learn more about that HERE.
- A professional logo lasts for a long time. Brand once, brand strong. It might cost you a little more upfront to iron out all the details and have the work done by professionals but it is easier on your company, your customer, and your checkbook, than re-branding every year or two.
- The Pro’s know and they didn’t start designing yesterday. This is what they do for a living. They know what looks good and what doesn’t. Their eye is trained and they are here to help you and your business look the best that it can. Keep in mind that they want your logo to look good too- no designer wants to add a poorly done design to their portfolio. Put your ideas and their expertise together to create something that will please and interest the eye.
- A good logo gives customers a subliminal expectation for the feeling of your business and products. It sets the mood! Don’t set the mood to “Hmm, something feels a little off.” Set the mood to what you feel is most profitable to your business. Do you want to reach out to your customers and make them feel secure? Do you want them to feel adventurous? Curious? A professional logo designer can take this into consideration and add subtle elements to encourage feelings or thought processes.
- Did you know that half of all businesses fail in the first five years? Poor marketing and sloppy design are some of the reasons for that. Pay attention to the details and keep your dream alive by having an aesthetic that is clean and says “We have our act together. We are offering something that you can count on being awesome!”
If you aren’t proud of your logo, it might be time to get a professional re-design. If you don’t have a logo yet, now is a good time to start looking for a professional! Remember, it plays a large part in attracting customers and determining their first impression of your business! Again- never buy cheap sushi, or skimp on your logo.
Nice blog post! all the reasons are good and practical. The logo is essential if you want your company gets a unique identity. thank you for this amazing blog post.
You are so welcome! Thank you for your comment and kind words.
yes Always go for a professional logo design because the professionals only know the little aspects that are key to hit the boost for making your place.
Professionally created logo design helps in catching people’s devotion simply. Thanks for sharing
I just read your post. it is really informative for a professional logo design. all points are well-defined thanks for sharing.
Nice content I enjoyed a lot reading this. As everybody knows that when a person starts their business a logo acts as the creative track for that particular brand. Logo is the face for the brand.
Thank you for sharing with us an informative article, this is very helpful. Keep on the great work I would like to share my thoughts on this. The logo is an identity of your business or brand. It attracts people and can contribute to the success of your business. So, choose the best logo design agency or logo designer by creating a logo for your brand or business.
Hello, you write very well, What makes a logo design effective, especially in the medical field? What does it mean a brand stand because of its logo design is it really that much important? What major components are really essential for logo design?
It’s good to know that your logo is your first impression with customers. My boss has been looking for a way to make a better impression on customers. I’ll pass this information along to him for his consideration.